Friday, September 10, 2010

Low Key

These are shots of the outdoors. I don't really know how to take low key shots of objects while having a black background yet (shall ask during class!) so I just tried the outdoors at night. And I think I'm pretty happy with the results!


I was at the railway station and just thought I might try some low key lighting. So I set my camera to spot metering and fast shutter speed. And voila! I think it's quite arty-farty (personally), but I think it's kinda boring as a subject. Haha.



Journey-ed to The Cathay! I think it looks pretty awesome. And I think it'll look even better in black and white.


Colourful lamps outside The Cathay. I wonder if this counts as Low Key - the background is kinda distracting.


Steps of SOTA. I kinda like it.


National Museum. I like how the building was being lit up.
Shot with spot metering and slower shutter speed. I think it was 1/4 of a second.


Another shot of the National Museum.



Boyfriend and I were soon tired so we headed over to Selegie Road for the famous Tao-huay and Youtiao.
I liked how dark the alley was and I thought it'll be a good place for low-key shots.
And tada!
I hope it looks kinda eerie/depressing/dark...

2 comments:

  1. hello :)

    Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    I like the ambience of the last photo (at the rochor beancurd place). It has a "film art" kind of feeling.

    Looking forward to future posts on your cool purple blog.

    :)
    Wee Hua

    ReplyDelete