Thursday, August 26, 2010

Panning

I personally found panning shots to be the most challenging because it's difficult to think of creative ways to shoot panning. I know that the most common are taking vehicles and people cycling so I try to deviate from those (also because I've taken those before).

Panning shot of a white tiger as it walks back and forth while waiting for the token feeding time.


Panning shot of a truck


Well, I saw many creative images of panning - animals, swings etc. And it did spark off a new wave of interest and ideas for panning shots which I will hope to try out soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol,

    I believe we had a similar problem with the difficulty of panning shots. Gosh I know the pain. Inferring from your blog author picture above, you're using a Canon aye too yea?

    Just a thought - Try turning off Image Stabilization, it'll help with panning shots! Alternatively, if you're on a lens with IS Mode 1 and IS Mode 2, you could try Mode 2 for panning as it'll stop the vertical dampeners/motors from shifting the IS lens up and down.

    Hope this helps! :)

    ReplyDelete